The Church  
  Opening hours  

The archaeological place of Sant’Anastasia was well known from ther beginning of the Century, because of the archaeological inquires, dated back to 1913.

pozzoThe excavations emphasized a nuragic pit-temple (“Sa funtana de is dolus”), which was built with basalt blocks.
The pit-temple consists af a circular room, covered with a Tholos-roof, which is placet deeply under the ground.
It is possible to enter through a flight of stairs, in a narrow passage covered with platband-slabs.

Taramelli formed a theory about the frontal and lateral side of the temple, whose decorated cut-stones were found near the building.
These cute-stones and other decorated stones – with a sort of decoration with a breast-shape – belong to a second temple near the church.

The excavation (1913) revealed a pit in the church. The pit-temple named all the archaeological place.
It has a narrow diameter with a conic section.
In the bottom of the pit were found prehistoric vases (Iron Age – VIII B.C).


The late excavatios revealed a great curvilinear enclosure bordered by rock-path.
The enclosure shows the remains of a large nuragic inhabited-area, dated from Bronze Age to Iron Age, with religious and social characteristics.
It consists of several huts and it was inhabited in different nuragic and pre-nuragic periods.

In a stretch of the place near the enclosure (southeast) there is a large hut, which was the Council Hall (5th Hut).

The Council Hall shows the altar with the outer form of a nuragic tower and precious objects like lead ingots, a jar with bronze hand-works and three beautiful bronze basino.

The church  

The church of Sant’Anastasia is not mentioned in the medieval history of Sardinia’s architecture.
After a first examination we can say that the church has the same features of S. Michele di Siddi: the plan consists of two naves parted by gothic archs on stone pillars.

The sole apse corresponds with the southern nave.

Taramelli in his excavation found a semicircle apse without coincidental measures.

Because of this desclosure the check of the monument started again with reference to the previous period (Bizantine Style).

The Bizantine Style landed at sardinian coasts in the 5th C. It developed from VIII C. till XI C.
The Byzantine Style was attaining its greatest diffusion, when the Romanesque Style arrived in Sardinia and the Latin Rite placed itself above the Greek Rite.
The diffusion of the Romanesque Style made the spreading of the Byzantium’s religion easy.

The churches, which stood on the crossing of the two nave’s limbs, were built with the greek-cross plan and the basin-vault.



Winter: 9:00 – 13:00 / 16:00 – 19:00

Summer (June-September): 9:00 – 13:00 / 17:00 – 20:00